Skip to content

Changes to Express Entry – CRS Points for valid job offer and study in Canada

The Express Entry system has been updated. IRCC have made a number of improvements that may affect you:
The points you can get for a job offer has changed.
  • you can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 0, A or B occupation
  • you can earn a total of 200 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 00 occupation
A job offer now only needs to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident.
You can now earn CRS points for study in Canada above high school.
  • you can earn 15 points for a one- or two-year diploma or certificate.
  • you can earn 30 points for a degree, diploma or certificate of three years or longer, or for a Master’s, professional or doctoral degree of at least one academic year.
You now have more time to complete an application for permanent residence if you get an invitation to apply.
  • Applicants will now have 90 days to apply for permanent residence, instead of 60 days.
An LMIA will no longer be needed for certain qualifying job offers to receive CRS points as well as points for arranged employment under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. Many people in Canada on an LMIA exempt work permit will be able to carry that LMIA exemption under Express Entry, including those:
  • here under the North America Free Trade Agreement
  • here under a federal-provincial agreement
  • here under Mobilité Francophone or
  • are an intra-company transferee
as long as they meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer.

Source: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *