Skip to content

Federal Skilled Trades Program


To be eligible for Federal Skilled Trades Program, one must have:

  • intentions to live outside Quebec
  • minimum language skill level in English or French
  • two years of full-time or an equal amount of work experience in a skilled trade in last five years
  • met the job requirements as defined in National Occupation Classification (NOC)
  • an offer of employment for at least one year or a certificate of qualification

Language Skills

Minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, and (CLB) 4 for reading and writing.

Work Experience

Work experience must be in major and minor groups (NOC) of skilled trades eligible for Federal Skilled Trades Program.


Education is not required for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, you may get points for your education under Express Entry, if you have, a Canadian secondary or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree or in case of foreign credentials an Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA) report from one of the designated organizations. As per ECA report your foreign education must be equivalent to at least Canadian secondary or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree. 


You must be admissible to Canada and plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

8 Haverhill Crescent,
Whitby, ON L1R 3E7

+1 (416) 832-3017