To be eligible for Start-up Visa, you must:
- have the business support of a designation organization;
- meet the ownership requirements of your business;
- meet the language skill requirements;
- have sufficient settlement funds.
Business support from a designated organization
You need a Letter of Support from a designated organization to support your business. This letter must be included in the application otherwise your application will be rejected.
Up to five people can apply for the start-up visa as the owners of a single business if they meet the following requirements:
- each owner of the business hold at least 10 percent of the voting rights, and
- applicants and the designated organization must jointly hold more than 50 percent of the voting rights.
You are required to meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in either English or French in all four modules.
You must bring sufficient settlement funds to support your family and yourself. You are required to attach a proof of these funds with you application. These funds cannot be borrowed from others.