Minimum Eligibility Criteria for Applicants
Applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Have no less than $600,000 CAD in unencumbered net business and personal assets that are readily available for transfer to Canada, verified by NSOI-designated third party professionals.
- Demonstrate accumulation of claimed net worth through legal means, verified by NSOI designated third party professionals.
- Have a minimum of three years of business ownership experience including 33.33% ownership in the last 10 years or greater than five years of experience in a senior business manager role in the last 10 years.
- Have Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in either English or French in listening, speaking, writing and reading. Verified by Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) General test, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) General Training test or Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) taken within two years prior to the date the EOI is submitted.
- Have a minimum of Canadian high school diploma or equivalent foreign credential verified by an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), taken in the last five years prior to the date the EOI is submitted.
- Agree to make a minimum capital investment of $150,000 CAD to establish a business in Nova Scotia.
- Agree to reside in Nova Scotia.
Entrepreneur Points Grid – Expression of Interest
|Sr. #||Description||Maximum Points|
|Factor 3||Business Ownership or Senior Management Experience||35|
|Factor 4||Net worth||10|
|Factor 7||Nova Scotia Economic Priorities||10|